Friday, April 10, 2009

Thing #10

CC? I've never seen it! I can't believe that after working on the web for years, I never even saw that. I also never knew that immediately after something is saved it becomes copyrighted. That helps me understand why it is impossible to copy things from other authors, it is completely restricted.

Now that I know this, I'm going to have to consider using the CC trademark from the Creative commons website. I could use it for my blog, wiki or other postings, so that others may use what I have written because it is a wise statement? I hope to find others using this so that I don't have to guess when copying things from others, I'll know.

1 comment:

  1. Now that you know to look for it, you will start to see it on other web content. The Flickr Creative Commons search is something that I use all the time when creating presentations. So many great photographers have given CC rights to their photographs! I can always find something to illustrate my point.

    ReplyDelete