Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thing #8

I am very interested in how I could use wikis as an administrator. I believe that my staff could definitely use it as a place to post announcements and blog comments on curriculum used or even what activities worked and what did not. I'm still developing this idea, but I'd love to have it available for the staff. I would most likely make it a private site so that they could feel the freedom to express concerns on campus.

Separately, I am interested in the three wikis that I browsed through:

I find it interesting that the teachers feel so free to post the information and to allow the students the freedom to access the wiki and change the information. I found that it was organized in a manner that allows the reader to quickly browse information. It was fun to see what the kids were learning about and what they discovered in their research. I thought it could be used very easily in a classroom setting. Gone are the days when we didn't have a computer in the classroom. Students may not have them at home, but the school will make up for that. I like the potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment